Tuesday, September 21, 2021

The Quiet Ones


The movie Minority Report makes for comparative commentary here. Originally published in the Gainesville Times, December 6, 1988, Prof. Taylor speaks to the notion of Pre-Crime and a police state where psychological profiling is a practice compelled on all citizens.

Oh, and please excuse the typos. I think Dad’s editor was having an off day. See? That’s an example of external loci. As much as I loathe them, I’ve caught typos and other grammatical errors in at least 90% of the professionally-produced publications I’ve read. Mistakes happen to the best of us, and it makes me feel just a little better about myself when I, on such a rare occasion, happen to catch one. Tee hee!

I’m somehow reminded of Dr. Leland Goines’ (Christopher Plummer) lamentation of psychiatry in the 1996 movie, 12 Monkeys. Kidding aside, it seems our society is always in danger of creeping away from freedom in the name of some emergency.


No comments:

Post a Comment

T. Nelson Taylor | Official Site | DusT | Bolita